Importance of Sun Blocks
Skin Care Facts – Sun Block
- There are three types of UV radiation (UVA, UVB & UVC).
- UV radiation results in the production of oxygen free radicals in the cells which causes genetic mutations and cellular damage.
- Excess UV exposure results in permanent injury.
- 30 to 50% of burning (UVB) rays occur 11am to 1pm
- UVA has less variation with the time of day.
- UV levels are increased with humidity, wind, water, sand and snow.
- The depletion of the ozone layer has significantly increased UVB and UVC radiation.
Effects Of UV Damage
- Epidermal (surface) damage.
- Breakdown of collagen and elastin.
- Deformation of blood vessels.
- Age Spots and solar keratosis.
- Multiple lines and wrinkles.
- Precancerous lesions.
Physical VS Chemical Sun Blocks
Oxybenzone, Butyl, Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Benzophenone
CURRENT RESEARCH SUGGESTS THAT ONLY PHYSICAL BLOCKS CAN BE TRUSTED!
Skin Care by Sia, we have experience-so you get results!